Sunday 9 March 2014

Learning to say no (a work in progress)

This may become a series of 'work in progress' poems because that's what I am, a work in progress.

I'm quite busy at the moment
Yes, yes, I know, so are you
But I am quite busy at the moment
Of course your work is important too
But really, I am quite busy at the moment
It's the cutbacks, I agree
Trust me though, I am quite busy at the moment
Well, we might blame the PhD
But it remains, I am quite busy at the moment
All being asked to do more with less, yes
But I'm still quite busy at the moment
I know your project is important
But I'm just quite busy at the moment
Will it really only just take minute?
Because I am quite quite busy at the moment
Well maybe a short meeting
I warn you though - quite busy at the moment
How busy?
Hang on, I'll check my diary



No comments:

Post a Comment