Tuesday 12 November 2013

Writing exercise

Sir John Tavener oil on canvas (Michael Taylor 2001)
8 June 2013 - writing inspired by a postcard

Today I am going to write and write until the theme is set firmly down.  All night the thoughts came through my mind, so here I sit with my face turned towards my God, my light and my inspiration.

I have all I need and I am going to tell my listeners that there is nothing to fear from death for it is but a passing thing.  The music plays and will play.  I will not tell you listeners that there is nothing to fear from dying, for I do not know you but I do believe that death is but a passing thing.  My gift is is in me, I am filled with it and my only ambition now is to leave as much as possible before my time grows cold.

It has to be Song for Athene which was played at my mother's funeral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment